Slider

Tasty Tuesday: How to Trick Yourself Into Healthy

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

As of late I have come to the conclusion that 4 posts a week on a amateur blog was a little far fetched, but I have persevered and have kept my promise thus far, however unless some spark of extreme energy pops into me, there will not be a post tomorrow. In the meantime, today, I am going to give you some really great healthy alternatives to your favourite things that you probably wont even notice a difference.

#1. Caulifredo of course. This was the ultimate healthy dupe and by the amount of views that post got, I would say it intrigued you all very much. Here is the recipe again, Did anyone try it yet??

Pinch of Yum Applesauce Recipe
#2. Whilst baking a cake, opt for using apple sauce instead of eggs. It creates a great moistness to whatever it is and an added level of flavour. This is great if you are giving vegan-ism a go, or just trying to cut back on your cholesterol intake. The ratio for replacement is for every one egg you can replace it with 1/4 cup applesauce plus a 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.

#3. I got this idea from a co-worker. If you are addicted to ice tea like I am, try making your own. This ensures that you can gauge the amount of sugar intake as well as try different and innovative flavours. I recently tried a pineapple ginger with a bit of Stevia to sweeten. MMMMMMM!!! Its super simple to. Boil some water and pour it into a glass pitcher with 3-4 of your tea bags of choice (you can also buy jug size tea bags). Let it steep overnight then put it in the fridge to cool. Add your sweetener and you are good to go. I have also found that adding fresh fruit adds another level of flavour and sometimes you don't even need the sweetener or sugar.
Thanks Laura!!

#4. One of the most simple changes I have come across is to start using whole wheat pasta and brown rice. All the simple carbs are not worth it. Brown rice is more flavourful anyways. If its the texture you have a problem with, honey i've been there too. The best I have found is Catelli Smart Healthy Harvest (in the first picture). Pair it with some Caulifredo perhaps ;)

Well that is all I have come up with so far. Leave in the comments if you have any healthy dupes that help you out to stay on track. Ta!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan