Slider

Travel Week #2 - Packing

Thursday, February 20, 2014

If you are reading this, chances are you are like me and have a hard time packing lightly. I tend to over pack and always have. When I was 9 and went to summer camp, I filled a hockey equipment bag and I was only going for a week. Well for my upcoming plane trip, this is not an option as most airlines impose a weight limit on baggage. I think I have come up with a great way to battle this.

Heys - Christmas Gift (From Costco I think)
For Christmas I received the holy grail of luggage, HEYS. It is a 2-piece set and one fits inside the other. What sets this luggage apart is how sturdy it is, but on the flip side, extremely lightweight. With the one suitcase inside the other they still only weigh 8 pounds. I recently came to the conclusion that I can pack my clothes in the smaller one and still bring the bigger one and only pay the extra bag fee on the way home. This way if myself or my travel companions buy too much stuff, we have a whole extra suitcase that we can use. I know that the extra bag fee is pretty steep at $50, but if we all use it and split it three ways, it is very tolerable. 

Hope this inspires you to do some creative packing. Leave in the comments some other tips you might have for me to pack lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan