Slider

Tasty Tuesday: Tea Haul!!

Tuesday, February 11, 2014


"I say let the world go to hell, but I shall always have my tea" 
This is something that Dostoevsky and I have in common. A good cup of tea is relaxing and feels like home. I have recently gotten into more adventurous pickings and have come to love loose tea. On a spur of the moment trip to David's Tea I managed to spend a pretty penny and came out with some winners.
The best tea I have ever had was a Celestial White Tea called Perfectly Pear. Unfortunately, they do not make it anymore and I have been looking for another pear tea for some time. I managed to get Cranberry Pear Black Tea (Right). Though it looks like a trail mix in the tin, it created a wonderful tasting brew and I love it. It doesn't even need some sugar or agave to taste sweet. 
The second tea I got was Cream of Earl Grey. It is a blend of my fave Earl Grey and vanilla. It is like having a London Fog without the added calories of vanilla syrup. Tastes great with a splash of almond milk.
I also decided to splurge and get an infusing to-go cup. Not gonna lie, with the $35 price tag, I expected more. Though it is very nice looking and works great for most teas, I have found that because the strainer is meant to keep the loose tea locked in the bottom, my earl grey starts tasting bitter and over steeped. I am now on the hunt for a good (and portable) steeper that I can take to work.

Well that's all for today! I hope this has inspired you to embrace tea. This spring/summer I am hoping to do a series on different trials (and errors) of homemade steeped Ice Tea. Let me know of any you have tried that I should feature.
  



No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan